Inside Sales Assistant
DESCRIPTION OF JOB FUNCTION
Provide support to staff and assist as back up for the administrator position. Under general supervision of the VP Operations, performs, coordinates and oversees technical and office administrative support work within a project or some projects that involve sales and marketing. The essential functions may include simple to complex office administrative support to managerial, professional and supervisory staff or the direct coordination of specific administrative support projects and operations. May supervise technical and clerical personnel; develop and implement improved office and departmental procedures; act independently in completing basic management studies, oversee well-defined programs and projects and provide expert professional assistance to management staff; and perform related work as required.
Responsible for originating correspondence to customers from managers and co-workers, entering order data into computer program, maintaining files and program records, maintaining contact with customers, and assist in preparation of governmental bid process. Performs as liaison between staff, managers and customers.
EXAMPLES OF KEY DUTIES (Duties are illustrative and not inclusive. Individual assignments may vary.)
- Oversees and ensures that the office administrative functions of the organizational unit to which projects assigned are effectively carried out.
- Performs difficult, complex, technical, and/or specialized office support work, which requires the exercise of independent judgment, the application of technical skills, and a detailed knowledge of the activities and procedures specific to the department or unit to which assigned.
- May supervise staff, including determining workloads, evaluating staff performance, providing training and making hiring, promotion and disciplinary recommendations.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget for the assigned organizational area, including compiling data, making revenue projections and recommending service levels and enhancements; monitors and tracks expenditures, ensuring the department remain within the approved budget allocations.
- Attends to a variety of administrative details such as keeping informed of departmental/division activities, transmitting information, developing, implementing and interpreting policies and procedures and monitoring day to day operations of the functional area to which assigned.
- Provides technical assistance to staff on operational issues such as personnel policies, purchasing, record keeping, training, risk management and contract administration.
- Performs project research and report preparation related to the activities of the organizational unit to which assigned.
- Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls requiring the use of judgment and the interpretation of policies, rules, procedures and ordinances.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, forms, vouchers, work orders, and specialized documents related to the organizational unit to which assigned from drafts, notes, brief instructions, corrected copy, or dictated tapes; proofreads materials for accuracy, completeness, compliance with departmental policies, formatting, and correct English usage, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Assist with the sales and marketing department and maintain computer customer’s records.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as required.
Education and Experience
Equivalent to completion of two years of college-level coursework in business or a field related to the work and two years of office administrative, supervisory or lead experience in the area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
Licenses and other Requirements
Specified positions may require possession and maintenance of a valid Washington State driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. Must pass both criminal background and drug tests.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; able to lift and carry materials weighing up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Must have typing speed of 25-30 WPM.
Knowledge of: (at entry)
- Standard office administrative practices and procedures, including the use of standard office equipment.
- Codes, policies, regulations and procedures related to the department to which assigned.
- Intermediate to advance computer applications related to the work esp. latest MS Office applications.
- Business arithmetic and basic statistical techniques.
- Basic supervisory principles and practices
- Records management principles and practices.
- Techniques for dealing effectively with customers, in person and over the telephone.
Skill in: (at entry)
- Performing technical, specialized, complex and difficult office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment.
- Interpreting and implementing policies, procedures and computer applications related to the department or organizational unit to which assigned.
- Analyzing and resolving office administrative and procedural problems.
- Performing basic research and preparing reports and recommendations.
- Overseeing projects or programs and/or supervising, monitoring and evaluating the work of staff.
- Organizing own work, coordinating projects, setting priorities, meeting deadlines and following up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established policy and procedural guidelines.
- Providing complex office administrative support in the areas of procurement, budgeting, report preparation and staff communication.
- Communicating effectively with co-workers, subordinates, superiors, the general public, representatives of public and private organizations and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
Pay is DOE and may start from $ 12 per hour. Medical insurance, vacation with pay after probation. This position starts as part time to full time from 30 -40 hours per week.
Previous applicants not interviewed and hired need not apply in the past 12 months.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you may send your resume via fax 253-922-6268.
The Chamber is a progressive organization of business owners and community leaders. Together, our members play an integral role in this dynamic economic region through fostering strategic partnerships, issue advocacy, promotion, business resources, and education.